The Miracle of Grounding
The concept of grounding was not something that I personally took seriously at the beginning of my journey through Energy Medicine school. I used to think it sounded so “airy-fairy” and thought of it more from a psychological standpoint than from a physiological standpoint. It’s very non-tangible, and therefore, it’s hard to really know if you’re grounded or not. Because of this, most people don’t concern themselves with it. If you had terrible headaches and you ran across an article that gave you the secret way to relieve those headaches you would pay attention. But if you’re unaware of whether or not you’re experiencing headaches, then why even pay attention to this concept?
Why is grounding so important and how do you know if you are grounded?
We all need to pay attention because every “human being” is an “electrical being” and needs to be properly grounded in order to properly function. This may be a difficult statement to swallow or understand when you’ve never been taught that you are actually made of energy. “Science” has changed tremendously from the time you learned it in school. Much research has been conducted that demonstrates that direct contact with the Earth restores and stabilizes the bioelectrical circuitry that governs our physiology and organs, recharges and thins our blood, enhances our immune function, and powerfully and quickly knocks down inflammation and pain. Wow, imagine a pill that could do all that? How much would you pay for it?? The truth is that you don’t have to pay anything for it because it’s readily available from the Earth itself. Just being connected (touching) the earth gives us all these benefits.
We all know that the earth has magnet poles (a north and a south pole) right? Did you know that your body also has the same magnetic poles?
Having our bare feet on the ground literally “charges” our system with vital energies. Not only does this connection to the earth allow us to “suck up” fresh new energy, but it also allows us to expel dirty or toxic energies that we may have picked up. When this connection is not solid, we are not getting enough new energy, nor are we able to get rid of used energy. Just like our breath . . . we inhale and we exhale . . . likewise, we must intake fresh new energy and release old used energy. In order to do this efficiently, we must have a good connection to the earth.
One of the biggest reasons that my clients suffer from chronic fatigue and exhaustion is this lack of grounding. It is always the first thing that I check. Are they able to pull fresh new energy into their bodies? In today’s culture of wearing rubber-soled shoes (which prevent the natural grounding process) and not spending enough time outdoors in nature, sitting on the grass, hands in the dirt, touching trees and the ground we are losing our connection to the Earth, to our source of energy.
Some signs that you may not be grounded
- Lacking energy, drained, or wake up feeling exhausted
- Feeling anxious
- Feeling spacey or lightheaded & easily overwhelmed
- General discomfort
- Have trouble listening or focusing, lose your train of thought, and constantly multi-tasking
- Having trouble balancing
- Too easily picking up other’s energy – extra emotional, or sensitive to the emotions of the people around you
Some benefits of grounding
This graphic came from Earthing.com. They sell an assortment of products to help you get and stay grounded inside of your home. Let’s face it, it’s not always easy to get outside, especially barefoot every day. I personally sleep on a grounding mattress pad and instantly could see a difference in how I slept and felt.
Please take some time to discover more about this concept of grounding. If you can’t make an effort to get outside every day, with a very small investment in some of the grounding products (and no extra effort on your part), you may be able to significantly increase your health.
Some alternative free and easy ways to ground
- Rub a stainless steel spoon on the soles of your feet.
- Tapping on your cheekbones (directly under your eyes) while taking three deep breaths.
- Open foot chakras by pushing and stretching the heel away from the ball. Also squeeze sides of feet.
- Open hand chakras by rubbing the thumbs on the palms and then pulling the energies off each finger.
- Move hands over eyes and down the front of the body to the hips (in the field about 6″ from the body).
- Press fingers firmly into arm creases for a few minutes.
- Meditate and envision growing roots from your feet and your bottom deep into the Earth. Really concentrate on your connection to the Earth getting stronger.
- Walk barefoot in the grass.
- Sit or stand with your back up against a big healthy tree.
- Wear or carry a dark or red crystal. Some good grounding stones include black tourmaline, bloodstone, hematite, jasper, obsidian, shungite, and tigers eye. Please know that if you own and use crystals it is very important to take good care of them.
During an Eden Energy Medicine session, your “groundedness” can be tested and corrected. For more information on Energy Medicine session, please visit https://mariposaenergytherapy.com/
About Paula Apro
Paula Apro is Certified Practitioner of Eden Energy Medicine, and the Emotion Code, as well as a Certified Quantum Health Coach and an Advanced Pranic Healer. She is currently working toward her Doctorate and PhD in Natural Health. Her practice, Mariposa Energy Therapy is located in Rockland, ME and she specializes in helping clients to optimize and/or restore their health using a new paradigm of energy medicine based on the premises of Quantum Physics and Neuroscience. Her motto is “Change your energy and change your life!”
P.O. Box 1234
Rockport, ME 04856
Join our Facebook community
Become a Member
Join a community of holistic practitioners spreading a message of health and healthy lifestyles, and promote your business in our directory.